Mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”) are a permanent feature of markets globally, and India is no exception. The nature and scale of M&A are reflective of global economic conditions, and hence prevalent trends in M&A are indicators of underlying of economic causes. According to VCCEdge, the year 2020 recorded 693 deals worth $46.22 bn., second highest deal value in the last 5 years.
Tax has long been a key factor governing and guiding the shape of India-focused M&A. With global changes in tax law, and paradigm shifts in global and Indian tax policy, administration and adjudication, the role of tax as a strategic planning tool in M&A is only expected to increase.
Hence, the importance of tax in M&A simply cannot be understated. Careful attention to tax issues at an early stage in the M&A process can help minimize future tax uncertainty and litigation. Proper attention to tax policies, systems and litigation also remains crucial to the overall success of M&A deals, and can be usefully leveraged to add value, reduce costs and manage risks.
Deal counsel advisory and practitioners must weigh the tax implications involved in structuring earnouts and other deferred payments in connection with an M&A transaction.
This training course is specifically designed to address the legal and regulatory considerations surrounding PE & M&A deals. It will provide participants with an in-depth analysis on tax due diligence, pricing, planning and negotiating the (tax) deal and acquisition tax planning along with covering the legal, tax and commercial consequences arising from cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and transactions.
- Understanding a wide range of business and personal taxes
- Acquisition tax planning
- Covid-19 Impact
- Tax due diligence: Objectives, process, scope, disclosure and impact of findings
- Fund structuring
- Cross border private equity transactions
- FEMA Regulations
- Important SEBI regulations
Who should attend?
- Executives involved in PE/VC and M&A Deals
- CXOs, MDs, Directors and Senior Management
- CFOs, Financial Directors, Directors of Strategic Planning and Senior Finance Executives
- Corporate/General/In-house Counsel/Company Secretaries
- Investment Bankers, Professional Advisers, Law Firms & Consultants
- Individual, Private and Institutional Investors
- VPs & Managers from Legal Department
- Investment/Fund Managers
- Private Equity & Venture Capitalist